Double Deep Pallet Racking
Double deep pallet racking has the ability to stack two pallets deep with conventional aisles that are used in single-entry racks. Double deep pallet racking, back to back racks are four pallets deep, increasing the rack-to-aisle ratio making storage to the maximum with the process of first in last out system.
- The ability to stack two pallets deep – often with guide-rails to upper beam levels for added loading safety.
- Used in conjunction with specialized reach-truck equipment
- Storage density increased as rack ratio changes from Selective Racking
- Good use of all available locations, typically above 90%
- Safe and Secure handling with the bottom pallet usually off-ground
- Ability to use double deep handling equipment for other tasks
- The system requires the use of a special reach forklift truck with either dual pentograpgh or slide fork attachments.
- Forklift truck heights are limited by load to about by 9 meters.